[LRflex] Re: Some DM-R Images and More

  • From: Alan Siegle <alansiegle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 09:59:37 -0700 (PDT)

  Aram and the other list members,

  Thank you for the kind words about my DMR images, there are seven pages of
non Leica images on my Homepage too.

  The rocks at the Racetrack most likely move from a combination of wind and
moisture. The clay surface is very slippery when wet, so I think when dew or
rain provides the lubricant the wind will be the force to move the rocks. If
you look at the pictures, they move in all different directions and even zig
zag.

  NOW as to the $10,000 DMR/R9 system, I paid a tad over $7000 with an extra
battery, shipping and on a credit card too. But as Ansel Adams said, "show me
your images". He was a nice man (I was lucky to be at his house twice), but he
didn't use a Leica. It's about making good images, with whatever system your
using. There is a picture of Ansel on my Homepage, under People.

  Alan

From: "Aram Langhans"
Subject: [LRflex] Re: Some DM-R Images
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 12:10:01 -0700
Nice shots, Alan.

Have they ever figured out what makes those rocks move? I remember reading
about them in a Natural History magazine in the 60's. Odd....

Aram

>From: Alan Siegle
>To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: [LRflex] Some DM-R Images
>Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 15:56:15 -0700 (PDT)
>
>I put a few of my Death Valley images that I took with my new R9 and DM-R
>back.
>
> They are located at http://homepage.mac.com/alansiegle/PhotoAlbum10.html
>
> Alan

alansiegle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

View my photographs by visiting my Homepage at-
http://homepage.mac.com/alansiegle