[LRflex] Re: Solutions for my 35mmElmarit and Summicron 90 ?

  • From: "Christopher Birchenhall" <crbirchenhall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 21:08:00 +0100

Linda

The Nikon Micro lens I was refering to is the new one:

http://www.adorama.com/NK6028AFG.html

The physical differences are the lens does not have an aperature ring
- it is a G lens and the aperture is selected using the front control
wheel on the camera - and the front element is not deeply set into the
lens barrel but it does come with a good sized hood. All reviewers
agree this is Nikon's best "standard" micro lens to date and that is
significant as the range from the 55mm f3.5 on has been some of
Nikon's best lenses. If I had to have only one lens on my Nikon D3 it
would be this one. As I said before a good portrait lens on the DX
cameras including the S5.

The Voigtlander can be seen at

http://www.robertwhite.co.uk/product.asp?P_ID=1819&PT_ID=435&P=Voigtlander-58/1.4-Nokton-SL-II

It is an AI-S (P) lens. As it has a chip the Fuji S5 (Nikon D200
based) can directly read the specification of the lens - no need to
use the  non-CPU lens menu on the S5, but the lens has a standard
manual aperature ring and is a manual focus lens. I use such lenses in
Aperature priority mode mainly - sometimes manual exposure - like
using a good old film camera but its digitial images.

Chris