[LRflex] Re: Silky Pix

  • From: David Young <telyt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 13:16:52 -0700

Hi Xavier!

Sorry to hear that the NEF formats from camera and scanner are not
compatible.  It would have been nice for correcting scanned shots!

I tried using tif & jpg files in Silkypix 2, and although they will
show the files, in large size, it is not possible to work with
them.  As well, SP2 reported numerous "read errors" when trying to
compile the thumbnail page.

However, in the trial version of Silkypix 3, it IS possible to load,
and adjust both jpg and tiff files, including the use of rotate and
black level!     Of course, it does not give you quite the control
that you would have with a raw file, but it's pretty good!

Damn!  They may just get more money out of me, yet!

Let us know,  how you make out with SP3 and your scanner!