[LRflex] Sigma dSLR Randomness

  • From: Richard Ward <ilovaussiesheps@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: LeicaReflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2010 16:50:13 -0800 (PST)

Hello-
   for reasons with dubious underlying reasonableness ;-), I was reading the
dpReview.com Review of the Sigma SD-10 and it's Fovenon Sensor. To be honest,
I've never seen a 'Full Resolution' sample from such a sensor before and while
I've seen a number of yummy images from Sigma dSLRs and even the DP1/2 family,
too - they were all 'internet jpegs'. Their yumminess, for me laid as much at
the feet of the photographer's skill and well chosen subjects as anything else.
There wasn't anything 'intrinsic' in the images which differentiated them from
Bayer Filter Sensored Camera. After downloading a couple of full resolution
files from their Sample Gallery all I have to say is:
WOW WOW WOW
The 'benefits' intrinsic to the principle of the 'fovenon sensor' jumped right
out at me instantaneously. Truly Marvelous.

Makes me exceptionally intrigued at the possibilities of the upcoming Sigma SD1
and it's uprated 15mp (46mp effective).

Hope this 'random' post wasn't entirely innane.

Richard in Michigan

[---Insert Irony Here---]