[LRflex] Re: Sigma SD1 & Leica R Glass (Was re:Enough Talk...)

  • From: Richard Ward <ilovaussiesheps@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2010 15:03:00 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Kevin,
   no problem with passing along my 'notes' on Sigma dSLRs and R glass usage. I
would note that if you are shooting IR photography - the Sigma dSLRs give
almost
instant access for shooting IR Digitally. The latest SD1 may differ, of course,
but the IR Blocking Filter in all the previous ones is in a User Removable
Assembly sitting between the Lens Mount and the Shutter. Bayonet a lens off,
turn a screw, and tilt it out - easy breezy. Were I not wedded to a burning
desire to shoot in any weather/any conditions/any environment I would seriously
consider moving away from Canon EOS-1's and L lenses to shoot with Sigmas due
the IR thing. Recently, I spent two hours sailing on a Tall-Ship in mist,
drizzle, fog, and rain. My hands were literally shaking with the desire to just
say F***-It and sacrifice my 20D to the Rain to capture the gorgeous images I
was seeing all around me.

Peace Everyone

Richard in Michigan

[---Insert Irony Here---]