[LRflex] Re: Shots up of Tuscany, Italy

  • From: Alex Hurst <corkflor@xxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 8 Jul 2006 22:04:52 +0100

Etienne wrote:

>I assume the IIIf was loaded with negative film ? Using the 16 or 22 rule of
>thumb with slide film would probably have caused a lot of rejects or am I
>wrong ?

Yep - my standard load of Fuji Superia ISO 200. Fine grain and very
pleasant colour rendering.

It's pretty tolerant to a stop under or over. Slide film is an
entirely different matter. I rarely use it, but when I do I meter
every shot by the incident method.

Sunny 16 worked very well on this trip in the intense Italian light.
Most of the time I was using the IIIf at 1/500 at f11, which gave me
plenty of DOF with the little 35mm Summaron. Shots in the shade were
around 1/200 at F8.

Best

Alex
--