[LRFlex] Re: Short introduction

  • From: "Douglas M. Sharp" <DouglasMSharp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2004 09:54:56 +0200

British, to be exact Yorkshireman, living in Germany for the last 30 years.
Until recently a Senior Processing Geophysicist - now setting up as a freelance
selling geophysical services and reservoir characterisation software.
52 years old, married 1 son (15) and a Somali cat called Posy (7)
At the moment still smoking (Gitanes Blondes) very partial to Italian and Indian food
English real ale and Lambs Navy Rum

Started photographic life around 1960 with a a little Halina VF, then Zeiss-Ikon Contaflex,.
Been through quite a few since then - Yashica TL electro, Zeiss Ikon SL706
Rollei SL35, Voigtländer VSL-3E, Rolleiflex SL2000F, Mamiya 220 all
now gone (I miss the 2000F)
At present a combination of collector and user of just about anything I can get my hands on :
Contax/Yashica RTS, 137MD, FX-Quartz
Yashica GSN,GTN,GX,MG-1,Lynx 5000
Canon EOS 500 (I won it - otherwise everything would still be manual focus)
Canon P, Canon 7
Kodak Retina IB and IIc
First Leica (M2) in 1978 ( bought it from a colleague, whose Grandfather had died and left it to him)
Leica IIIG.M2,M4-2,M6 Titan, CL,SL,SL2,SL2mot,R3Mot,R5,R7
Minolta CLE
Medium format Rollei 6006, Zeiss Ikon Ikoflex
Cosina/Voigtländer Bessa L and R
Lots of old folding and Box cameras
Lenses between 12mm and 600mm - too numerous to mention all of them.

Main subjects : Landscapes,Seascapes, Industrial Archeology, Jazz and Blues
just learning how to scan and use Photoshop - isn't it fun!!!!!
samples at :

http://www.leica-gallery.net/dm-sharp/folder-list.html

Other hobbies - books,Hi-Fi , music, semi-pro Blues harmonica player,garden, cooking, building 1/76th and 1/72th scale military vehicles
collecting fossils and minerals

And , sometimes, I find time to participate on lists like this.

Bye
Douglas

.

http://www.horizon.bc.ca/~dnr/lrflex.htm