[LRflex] Re: Shopping Frustration - Correction

  • From: David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 09:36:58 -0700

Hi again, Richard!

A short while ago, I said (in part):

....  BTW: "3rd cam only" and the newest ROM lenses are  not common

That's what I get for adding thoughts after I've written the note! "3rd cam only" lenses are, indeed, not common. Very few have been made, mostly in 50 and 35mm fls. They work only with "R" cameras, not the original Leicaflex or SL series. ROM lenses, use the space originally occupied by the first cam for the ROM contacts. Thus, they also only work on "R" series bodies. However, the ROM can only be read by the R8 & R9 and is only used to set the variable reflector on some electronic flash guns. Otherwise, it has little functional value.

Just so we're clear...

David Young
Logan Lake, BC

Wildlife Photos: www.furnfeather.net