[LRFlex] Re: Shiny Stuff

  • From: "Douglas M. Sharp" <DouglasMSharp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2004 23:43:34 +0200

Douglas Herr schrieb:

"Douglas M. Sharp" <DouglasMSharp@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

A few shiny ones that don't get let out so often - spot the odd ones out
http://gallery.leica-users.org/New-Old-Pictures/RFS_Shiny

I see a couple of folding Retinas.

Close, but only a cigarrillo, Doug.
One of the Retinas , which both
astounded me with absolutely fantastic quality,, doesn't have
interchangeable lenses. My criteria only, I know it's not really fair.
If I was taking the whole thing more seriously I would of course have
said " well, two Canons are in there too" but one of the things I like
about this list is the combination of a sense of fun, and particularly the tongue in challenges set by our dear Xavier, and serious information, help and advice.

Those French guys are still trying to get revenge for Crecy, just as we are for Hastings. We had better bows and arrows, Harold was knackered from fighting Vikings. We will fight them on the........

Oh sod it, the Entente Cordiale was a damn good idea after all. Those
guys managed to make a country out of England,
went home and screwed up with a load of Kings that nobody wanted - what
a stroke of luck that little Corsican was for France. Vive la France,
Rule Britannia and God Bless America, which got the best of most worlds.

I'm looking forward to seeing some shots of your  equipment too,
particularly a black paint SL - I  haven't seen one yet, not even in
Germany.They must be really thin on the ground.
Douglas
No great fan of Lavegulin (whatever it may be) but , at the moment
enjoying rather too much Montepulciano dAbruzzo