[LRflex] Re: Sensibility of keeping "overlapping" lenses

  • From: Gary E <ge_crocus@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Leica Reflex <LeicaReflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 21:17:45 -0700 (PDT)

Well, I don't think anyone who owns this trinity of luxes should consider
getting rid of them in lieu of using their M counterparts.
The 75 Lux is difficult to focus as compared to the 80 Lux.  The 50 Lux, well,
is the standard in which all other 50's are measured.  The only one to sell, if
you even consider it, would be the 35 Lux-R as the M counterpart is just about
the best 35 out there.

It's a good position to be in having all three, and just think how happy you'll
be for keeping them when the mirrorless digital R finally shows up.

-Gary E
------------------------------

Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2011 11:42:24 -0400
From: Vick Ko <vick.ko@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [LRflex] Sensibility of keeping "overlapping" lenses

Sensibility of keeping "overlapping" lenses...

I have an R9/DMR and am disturbed by how big and heavy it is.

I have much the same lenses in M mount.

So, what is the sensibility of keeping these lenses, when I can do
faster and better with my M's:

- 50mm f1.4 Summilux-R E60
- 35mm f1.4 Summilux-R
- 80mm f1.4 Summilux-R

Of course, I'd keep my 28mm PC, 100mm Macro and my longer R telephoto lens.

Tell me your stories, of how wonderful the 35/50/80 Summilux-R lenses
are, or, your advice on "sell'em and move on".

:-)

...Vick