[LRflex] Re: Sensibility of keeping "overlapping" lenses

  • From: George Lottermoser <imagist3@xxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 12:39:18 -0500

On Apr 11, 2011, at 10:42 AM, Vick Ko wrote:

> Tell me your stories, of how wonderful the 35/50/80 Summilux-R lenses
> are, or, your advice on "sell'em and move on".

I can't imagine an "either / or" scenario.
RF and SLR serve completely different sorts of shooting styles, needs (or
wants).

Manual RF = quick, small, light, wide angle to medium telephoto
Manual SLR = slow(er), large, heavy, wide to extreme telephoto, macro, and
offers precise framing.
Auto Focus SLR = yet another style of shooting.

I have and use all three as appropriate.
All three have overlapping focal lengths covered.

Unless you do only one type of photography
each system has its place.

Regards,
George Lottermoser
george@xxxxxxxxxxx