[LRflex] Re: Scanner

  • From: Steve Barbour <steve.barbour@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 08:40:59 -0700

On Aug 18, 2009, at 2:55 PM, wildlightphoto@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Steve Barbour asked:

4) The last option is to convert your lenses to Nikon mount with
the LEITAX mounts.  Several people here (Howard Cummer springs to
mind) have done this with numerous lenses, and their results with
the D300 & up are fantastic.  The conversion is reversible, but you
need a mount for each lens you have - so, more expensive than
adapters, but a better fit.

tempting, does anyone do this for $..?

is there an alternative?

Steve, this looks like a simple conversion, well within my
skill/experience.  I can walk you through it, your place or mine.

hi Doug,

well....I am becoming more inclined to convert several of my R lenses for use on the Nikon D700,

I will keep you posted, and will yell when I need help,

thanks so much,

Steve

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento