[LRflex] Re: Scanned film vs Digital

  • From: Bob Shaw <rsphotoimages@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2006 15:23:22 -0800

About an adaptor for R lenses to the Digilux 3.

This is true.

I asked about the adaptor ast night (session 1 of 2) during the Leica
Akadamie session near Seattle, Leica confirmed they will have an R
adaptor for fitting R lenses to the D3.  I also asked if the Vario
lenses would work with the adaptor and the answer was, "yes".

There will of course be a magnification factor.

I believe David saw a prototype while in Solms.

Tonight's session will involve the M8, DMR and Capture One.

Regards,

Bob in Seattle.

On Nov 7, 2006, at 15:02, Andy Wagner wrote:

Chris Birchenhall <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:    As to the
Digilux 3 I have to suggest this opens up a new Leica Digital SLR
world to challenge the Leica R world. I can hear you screaming down the
internet lines as I write that! Let me stress that I am not suggesting
the
Digilux 3 is at all comparable to a R8 or R9 with a DMR - and yes the
finder
in no way matches the SL2 finder. My point is that the Digilux is a very
useful Leica digital SLR for keen amateurs; guys who, even they can
afford
the best, are not in a position to make proper use of the best. I
include
myself in that latter group. As I aspire to do better I am still a Leica
man. In my assessment the Digilux (and compact D-lux 3) will be money
makers
and a source of new Leica converts. On that basis I am confident there
will
be significant development of the Leica 4/3rds set of lens to work on
the
Japanese bodies. David's questionnaire asked us about the possibility
of a
"R10" with a different mount but had an adapter to take R lenses. Need
I say
more? The economics here is powerful. A Leica built - or commissioned -
3/4rds body with an ability to use special adapters for R-lenses?

   I was informed by our local Leica dealer that there is an adapter
listed in the instructions or specifications for R lenses. I don't know
if it is true and don't have time to check it out right now, but it
might be worth looking into

Regards
YXAndy