[LRflex] Saturday Signs

  • From: H&E Cummer <cummer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2012 08:24:41 -0800

Hi David,
How very Gulf Islandish.
What did the sign originally say?
Cheers
Howard
From:     David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2012 20:48:30 -0800
Subject: [LRflex] Saturday Sgns

Fellow Flexers:

A few years back, I was helping a friend renovate his home, on Hornby Island,
BC.  One afternoon, I was at the Co-op (the main store on the island - and the
hub of social life) when I ran across Rick, the plumber.

"Why", I asked, "are you here.  You should be at work!"

"It's the Harvest Festival.", he replied.

"On a Tuesday?"

"Yes," he said.  "We were all working on a house over in Ford's Cove, when a
report came in that two large RCMP vans and 3 squad cars were on the ferry,
heading our way!  Everyone else went home to get their crop in, before the
police arrived!"

It's a true story... and with this background, you'll likely enjoy this shot,
from Hornby Island, that much more....

http://www.furnfeather.net/Temps/Signs_6.html

C&C welcomed, as always.

David.