[LRflex] Re: Sands

  • From: "Marc Dufour" <foto@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2010 12:51:09 +0100

Hi Richard,

Really, all is a landscape, don't you think. In any case, just a matter of
scale...

About the quality of the 5D files, your comment makes remind a good friend
of mines, awesome landscape photographer.
Some years ago, he used a large wooden camera (and a mule for him, and a
donkey for his camera)
I remember I could count the trees leaves in his pictures. Something
incredible for me.
Well, just now, I can count the sand grains, in the raw files I open from
the 5D :-)
Sure I'll need a long time to familiarize myself with this stuff... I'm not
hurry.
The compatibility R lenses/Canon has limitations (just working at full open
aperture, no compatibilty with some angular lenses, etc...)
But it's just a new challenge !

About the ice and snow on the beach... It's another incompatibilty, here in
Spain, just on the Mediterranean coast...
Please, have a walk, and share some lake Michigan pics !

Best regards,
Marc