[LRflex] Re: Sands

  • From: Richard Ward <ilovaussiesheps@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 11:50:31 -0800 (PST)

Hello Marc,
   I'm glad the Rainstorms aren't in your patch of ground, at least not yet.
:-) The raging flood waters on Madeira island are 'good tv' as they say in the
news business here in the U.S. They are being shown on the hour every hour on
our cable news channels.
   Good news on Posting those snowy beach pictures! My gal got me a flickr Pro
account upgrade today as a present so my upload limits are lifted and even
better -No More- nasty down resolution algorythim surprises in the photos I
post. Further, my desktop computer is back up and running. As I speak, the
Canon DPP Raw Converter is spitting out the files for me to use in Photoshop
and/or simply uploading as desired. When I've finished processing my lighthouse
images, I'll hunt up some of my beach in snow & ice shots to share.
   I was reminded boldly why I upgraded to Leica Glass as I've been sheparding
these through the software programs. My RAW files straight out of the camera
are astounding in and of themselves and creatively they are only a short step
or two from where I want them to be. No wizardry with the curves command, no
levels window voodoo, and no snake charming in the unsharp window to get
crispness without looking like I used 'unsharp' to get there. :-)
Richard in Snowy Michigan

Leica R Lenses.
They R worth it -
They R what I Use -