[LRFlex] Re: SV: Introductions.

  • From: NATSTEK@xxxxxxx
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 15:42:32 EDT

Hi Guys/Gals,

Some of you may already know me as the "Totally Insane Gadget Freak", but for
those of you that don't, My name is Art Tafil.

I live in Knoxville, TN, about 45 miles from the Great Smokey Mountain
National Park, where I spend a great deal of time shooting old buildings and
local
flora and fauna.

I'm 56 years old, and a Professional Roofing Consultant, with a Bachelors
Degree in Aeronautical Engineering from Embry-Riddle. I shoot with just about
anything that I either bought, or "Made".

I shot with my first Leica, a IIIf that belonged to my father, back in the
50's while on vacations. I still have my father's M3 DS w/preview & 50 DR
w/eyes. I don't use it much, due to its sentimental value.

I began shooting in earnest with Nikons in 1964 and during the 70's I
acquired my Leica's.

I presently have an R4SP, R5, R6.2 bodies, all with drives, 21, 28, 35 late
Summicron, 60 macro, 90 Summicron, 100 f/4 macro, 135 f/2.8"M" head w/
focussing mount & 14167 M~R adapter, 180 f/3.4 APO, 400 telyt, 2X APO
converter,
Bellows R, Bellows II (M), 135 f/4.5 Hektor (screw), 135 f/4 elmar (M), both of
which I use the lens heads on the Bellows II, a 28~70 vario and a 75~200 vario,
(whew) 4 Metz flashes w/SCA351 & 3501 modules, several Leica cases & bags, and
a partridge in a pear tree!!

I also get a perverse pleasure in mounting my Bellows II with either Hektor
or elmar on my Nikons. I get both infinity focus & better than 1:1 macro, PLUS
Nikon Matrix ballanced TTL flash!!

I can pretty much mount my bellows II on nearly any camera ever made. NOW
THAT'S FUN!!

I've lately gotten into digital with a Coolpix 995, 5000 and a Leica Digilux
1.

I guess that's about it for me. If anyone has any questions about oddball
combinations, just ask me, because I've probably either seen it done, or done
it
myself.

Art Tafil
natstek@xxxxxxx