[LRFlex] Re: SL and 24mm-R

  • From: "Julian Koplen" <jkoplen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2004 18:18:34 -0400

Actually, I already own the SL, R4, and now an R8.  I had the old R4 and
then bought the SL to use with my 400mm and my 180mm, because of the SL's
viewfinder.  Then, after buying it, I invested in it further by having CLA,
upgrade of the take-up spool, upgrade of the lens release button, and
upgrade of the meter cell with the newer more sensitive unit.

In truth, I haven't used my long lenses as much as I had anticipated.  So, I
hate to have the big investment in this camera which won't take my 24 and 19
(new type)--but I am reluctant to sell it, because I fear I will regret that
move,  sooner or later.  These problems do not rival world hunger or man's
inhumanity to man, but I do hate to have such a loveable camera that can't
use my wides.

Thanks for your interest..................Julian