[LRflex] Re: SD14 people and skin

  • From: Walter Kramer <walter.kramer@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 03 Apr 2010 22:45:59 +1100

Here is another, same light, same time, same camera and lens.  The
subject makes the difference but I am finding that one has to be very
careful with sharpening on the Foveon.  The Bokeh is what it is, all
very subjective as to whether you like it with edges like it has here,
nevertheless it works to concentrate the eyes on the subject.  My niece
likes to look straight at the camera.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/kramerson/Foveon/SDIM5770.jpeg.html

Richard Ward wrote:
> Hi Walter,
>    nice little grab portrait shot. He looks like he's intentionally not
> sharing his eyes with the camera and enjoying doing so. Thanks for sharing.
> My comment would be that there seems to be some coarseness to the hair in the
> image which makes me wonder where that came from. The OOF areas behind the
> subject are rendered wonderfully. Is pleasant bokeh a hallmark of the lens
> you used? Along that vein - which 35-70 Leica were you shooting with?
> Richard in Michigan

Walter Krämer
walter.kramer@xxxxxxxxxxxx
walter.kramer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx