[LRflex] SD cards for DMR

  • From: "William B. Abbott III" <captbilly3@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 10:22:20 -0700

Hi-

When I bought my DMR back in January 2006, I bought several SanDisk Ultra II 2GB SD cards that I still use.

Since then, the 2GB barrier in the DMR has not been raised nor have provisions been made for SDHC cards, as far as I know, so the only SD card variable open to change for me is the speed of the card.

Can anyone offer any experience with cards that are higher in speed than the Ultra II, which is 9 MB/sec write and 10 MB/sec read, approximately 66X or Class 6. Is higher speed capacity a tangible asset in DMR use?

I have not been able to find what the read/write speed capability of the DMR actually is, but I would like to use cards that are compatible with the highest speeds the DMR can use.

Thanks in advance for any observations or experience you can share.

All the best,

Bill