[LRflex] Re: Rusty

  • From: David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2012 11:38:02 -0700

Good Mornin' Ted!

Thanks, Ted, for your kind words.  In fact, the swishy pan of Rusty is the only
one I attempted, so I was reasonably pleased.

But, my gosh, a speeding Falcon is fast!  They can achieve horizontal cruising
speeds of 65-90 kph ( 40-55 mph) and speeds of 105-110 kph (65-68 mph) in a
dive.

The "portrait" of Rusty, I rather like... but it would never do for my "Fall
Fair sales ventures", as you suggest.  I prefer to keep the "wild" in
"wildlife".  Every photo I sell is taken in the bird or animal's natural
habitat... without the use of blinds, bait stations, feeders or photographic
tricks.

It is 100x harder, that way, but much more satisfying, when you get it right!

Although I do take pictures of captive animals, I never sell them. And, people
seem to much prefer it that way.

Thanks again, for taking the time to look and comment.

Cheers!
David.

-----