[LRflex] Re: Russian Chip for the Olympus

  • From: Bille Xavier F. <hot_billexf@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2008 08:09:52 +0100

Aram.

I wonder how these Russians got the 4/3 wiring and communication protocol. I
asked Leica, Sigma and Olympus here in France but all these guys were sealed
lips!

Of course it is in the interest of the 4/3 consortium to let out the
information so some "entrepreneurs" build a "hack".

Happy Easter!---------------------------------Xavier F. BILLE Maisons-Alfort -
France.

From: leica_r8@xxxxxxxxxxxxx: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: [LRflex] Re:
Russian Chip for the OlympusDate: Sat, 22 Mar 2008 11:03:14 -0700

Bill.  Nice dream.  I guess what you are missing is that the use described is
not the intended use of the camera.  It would not be in Oly, or Canon, or any
other camera manufacture’s interest  to have their software work for other
brand lenses.  A hack does sound like a thing to do.  Any out-of-work computer
programmers out there that want the challenge????

Aram

Invite your mail contacts to join your friends list with Windows Live Spaces.
It's easy!