[LRflex] Re: Rufous Hummingbird

  • From: bob palmieri <rpalmier@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 22:27:40 -0500

Doug -

Great shot; good idea to use that 1/3000 setting in this case!

On our trip to Big Sur this week the Anna's Hummingbirds were chasing the Rufous ones away from the cliffside meadow where we were staying...

Bob Palmieri

On Aug 13, 2007, at 6:41 AM, Douglas Herr wrote:

just back from Lassen Volcanic National Park where hatch-year Rufous Hummingbirds migrating south are collecting in the few mountain valleys where flowers still bloom.

The meadow this bird was in had at least 100 hummingbirds, each claiming and defending feeding territory that overlaps with its neighbors' claims.

http://wildlightphoto.com/birds/trochilidae/ruhu01.html

R8/DMR, 280 f/4 APO, 1.4x APO-Extender-R
1/3000 sec @ f/5.6 (effective f/8)

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com