[LRflex] Re: River bank, la Marne, Maisons Alfort

  • From: David Young <telyt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2007 11:38:21 -0700

At 21/04/2007, you wrote:

>Hello Flexers.
>
>I took a couple of hours to walk the D3 and use it.
>
>First of all, I really appreciate the ManaMachine Interface, I felt at ease
>like if I had my R7.
>The trouble i that I tend to underexpose a little, old habits die hard.
>

>Finally, I shot mostly in type of Film "Natrural" as it looks like the
>slides I usually get from Fuji.
>White Balance on "sunny", f5.6 to f8.0 ISO 100,  JPEG super fine, cropped
>down for the list purpose
>
>Most camera of the market will get you nice pictures and this one follows
>the pack.
>
>Five pictures, to show how Maisons Alfort can be on a sunny day:
>
>http://xavierf.b.free.fr/Temp/Marne/
>
>Your critisisms are highly regarded.
>
>Cheers.

Not much criticism from this quarter, Xavier!

Your shots brought back fond memories of the day, last September,
when Rose and I spent our afternoon wandering along the Marne, in
Maisons Alfort.  Much sunnier, today, than that Friday, but the area is lovely.

As for the camera... "Natural" does, indeed, look like Fuji
film!  The lens seems to be free of flare, and offers a nice bokeh.

I'll be curious to see how well the lens performs, wide open, and at
higher ISOs.

Thanks for sharing.