[LRflex] Re: River Ice

  • From: David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2008 10:09:23 -0800

Aram wrote:
Since all is working, just quite, maybe there is someone out there who might like seeing some photos. Went down to the Yakima river the other day when it was a bit warmer than 10F to see if I could get some ice photos along the river. It has been so cold and the river has been running so high lately, the usual ice crystals I get around the rocks were all buried under a foot of solid ice and there was no exposed shoreline of rocks, just foot thick ice shelf. So I changed tactics and found these.
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/Win08/>http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/Win08/

Comments welcome. Do you prefer the verticals or the horizontal? How about the closer shot vs. the more distant shot. Sorry. On this trip it was the Rebel XTi and the Sigma zoom. It was too cold to reach in my bag and change lenses to Leica glass.

Aram

Nice shots, Aram. Of these, I prefer the vertical compositions, and the first one offered is, to my mind, far and away the best.

Best of the season to you.