[LRFlex] Re: Returned R8

  • From: Slobodan Dimitrov <s.dimitrov@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 18:42:39 -0700

Probably used hydrogen technology to get it here, a canoe over water.
S. Dimitrov

From: "Leica R" <leicar@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 17:30:16 -0700
To: "Leica Reflex" <LeicaReflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [LRFlex] Returned R8

Although I am not reading this list any more since I can't receive messages
from FreeLists, I thought I'd finish the story that began about 2 months ago
when my R8 jammed up.  I had notified the  Reflex forum about that and tried
some of the fixes that were suggested.  I think I then told everyone that
Leica AG said the problem was caused by my tripod screw.  Well, I just got
it back.  After I worked out that Leica AG would indeed repair it under the
5 year international warranty, it took 4 days for them to receive the camera
from me, two weeks for them to diagnose and repair and the rest of the time
I have been waiting for it to get from Solms to me.  For some customs reason
it took them about a week after the repairs were completed before it was
packaged up and sent on its way.  It took 20 days for the return trip via
Luftpost.  Now, that is one slow airplane.  I am not sure if they flew it
across the Atlantic and sent it surface mail across the US, or if it was
tied up in customs/homeland security all this time.  A mystery that the
paperwork doesn't give any hints about.

At any rate, the camera looks great.  Of course, it looked great when I sent
it in.  They gave it a good cleaning both in and out.  And best of all it
actually works again.  Shutter fires, shutter cocks.  WOW.

So, other than the bullet sweating delays, they appear to have done an
outstanding job.  The proof will be in the photos.

Aram

This message is made of 100% recycled electrons.  No new atoms were
destroyed in making it.

Aram Langhans
Science Teacher, Naches High School
101 W. 5th. St / P. O. Box 159