[LRflex] Re: Reading the LR2 manual.....

  • From: "wildlightphoto@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wildlightphoto@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2008 13:17:55 -0400

Steve Barbour <kididdoc@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> ...Leica's strategy ... while I find it technically
> impressive, I also find it very naive, and likely doomed,
> both by the prices, but also by the fact that while they
> can jump ahead,  there is no way that they can stay ahead...

The S2 pricing strategy will be indiciative of the R10 strategy, IMHO.  Dr.
Kaufmann mentioned that the S2's pricing will consider market conditions.
We'll have to wait a few months to see what that means, meanwhile
Hasselblad has responded to the S2 threat by slashing prices, and we
haven't heard about Nikon's MX pricing yet.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com