[LRflex] Re: Reading the LR2 manual.....

  • From: Steve Barbour <kididdoc@xxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2008 10:09:32 -0700

On Oct 2, 2008, at 9:54 AM, Frank Filippone wrote:

Gee, Steve, such a sour note for me?

$5K is probably going to be a big stretch... $10K is not an option.

Let me dream, for now...... Otherwise it is Nikon ...... no other way
around the dollar issue for the body.

believe me Frank...Leica's strategy ... while I find it technically impressive, I also find it very naive, and likely doomed, both by the prices, but also by the fact that while they can jump ahead, there is no way that they can stay ahead...

and it pisses me off...

because it going to hurt the very people, like us, who have supported them for years...

Steve

Frank Filippone
red735i@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

as long as we are guessing the eventual R10 cost, when it arrives
optimistically in 2010, or maybe later,  I will guesstimate $10,
000-12, 000 USD,  maybe more if it appears later...

I'll save this...

Steve