[LRflex] Re: Reading the LR2 manual.....

  • From: "Frank Filippone" <red735i@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2008 08:33:17 -0700

Yes, the TIFF format seems to be available from the scanner.. I have a
Coolscan 4000..and SW.. both Vuescan and NikonScan.  That would be the
starting point for scanned images..

I am not fond of SW that is not directly supported... I tend not to do well
unless I can ask a question when things go wrong...

Frank Filippone

red735i@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

If the bulk of your work will be from scanned negs, you really want
Photoshop, rather than Lightroom.  If you don't want to pay the price (at
least until you are sure that's the way you want to go) try GIMP v2.6, which
is a superb PS replacement, from the Open Source foundation.