[LRflex] Re Season's Greetings and a Happy Year 2011

  • From: "William B. Abbott III" <captbilly3@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 10:12:11 -0800

Dear Chairman Schopf,

Thank you for your kind e-mail greetings of December 17, "...to wish you a very
happy and relaxing Christmas" and " ... [to] wish you all the best for the new
year and continuing pleasure with your Leica products."

You will be happy to learn that I am enjoying my Leica M9 and have used it
extensively both at home and travelling. I used an M4 for many years and so the
M9 brings back wonderful memories and it gracefully fulfills many of my digital
camera needs.

On a less happy note, I am in the process of cleaning my Leica R9 camera and
DMR, three Vario-Elmar lenses and two other lenses, getting them ready for
disposal in the new year and replacing them with Nikon equipment, because I
have no longer any reason to believe that Leica will offer me an upgrade path
for the R System. I have waited for several years, hoping for some tangible
development, with no results, and I need to move on. I'm sure you are familiar
with this issue and that you will understand.

This step pains me greatly because of the immense pleasure and wonderful
results I enjoyed with the R System through several model changes since 1986
when I began with an R4S.

I send my thanks for the M9 and my hopes for Leica's success with the S System
and for a prosperous new year for the firm.

Sincerely,

Bill Abbott
Saratoga, California
USA------