[LRflex] Re: Random ruminations on my R9 failure

  • From: William Abbott <wbabbott3@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2007 14:46:33 -0800

On Dec 16, 2007, at 7:57 AM, David Young wrote:

I don't think that Leica would want us rummaging around inside am M8/9, DMR or R10, making DIY repairs!

David,

Horrors! I heartily agree, all I was suggesting was simpler, faster discovery of information or status of a camera closer to the user. It is simpler and in the long run cheaper to ship or exchange information than physical items.

You mentioned a point I had overlooked, that such a system might in the long run not only enable superior customer service (and dare I say loyalty?) but be more economical for Leica to operate, which could be an important consideration. Being the first in the business to do so would not hurt them either.

We'll see what happens.

With all best wishes for the holiday season and the new year to come,

Bill