[LRflex] RUBBER THUMB GRIP M8 & M9

  • From: <tedgrant@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2009 07:32:33 -0800

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/leicated/ted+grant/1a+-+RUBBER+THUMB+GRIP+M8+.jpg.html

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/leicated/ted+grant/thumb+stopper+grip+001.jpg.html

Hi Folks,

I came across these small rubber disks in a dollar store and they work
beautifully stuck to the back side of an M8 or M9.

Now when you take camera in hand the right thumb has a simple rubber grip
for a better hold on the camera body.

The name on package is: "SURFACE PROTECTORS" they come in several sizes, but
the 3/4" is the better for my hand size and shown in the 2 photographs. The
other, 1/2" I tried first, but it didn't feel quite right so I peeled it off
and replaced with the  3/4"

This is the name of the company listed on the back of the package for a
contact, I'm sure the rubber pads are easily available in the US as they are
in Canada at the "Dollar Store."

SYMAK SALES CO.,INC, PLATTSBURG, N.Y. 12901-O316  www.symaksales.com

And all for the enormous amout of $1.00! :-) 10 in a pack. And they stick to
the body very well.
cheers,
ted