[LRflex] ROM CONTACTS ON R LENSES

  • From: "reg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <reg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2012 11:55:11 +1000

Hi to everyone and warm regards from Australia,

Back to my SL2 and Tamron saga.  Another quick question.  Rather than
buy a darn Tamron I would prefer to use my current lenses - 35-70 F4,
80-200 F4 both ROM.  What will I lose if I have the ROM contacts removed
so these lenses will work on my SL2?  Will there be any sacrifice of the
exposure modes or compensation?   I have no intention of using a digital
back so am not concerned about exif data.  Any guidance will be greatly
appreciated.

Kind regards,  REG