[LRflex] REminiscing

  • From: KEITH LONGMORE <keith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 18:44:08 +0100

Hi Colin and Art
Nice to reminisce about these things! Where I work used to be a Liberator base - one of the first in the UK (389 Bomb Group, Station 114). I don't know if any of you remember the restored Liberator, Diamond Lil? When it came over to the UK, it did several low passes over our grounds, where the runways used to be. We had awesome views! Unfortunately, cameras aren't normally allowed in the factory, so I couldn't take a single shot... :'( How it goes, I suppose.

Always remember a sequence in the cockpit - and the Ford logo in the centre of the pilot's joystick. Seemed very strange on an aeroplane!

Cheers
Keith Longmore