[LRflex] Re: RAW vs JPEG (was More from Alaska) - slightly OT

  • From: jerry harwood <jerry.harwood@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2006 19:22:04 +0100

Alex; regarding Nikons and RAW- I use a Digilux 2, and a D70; NEF (
Nikon Electronic Format) is OK to use, and once you have tried it a
couple of times is fairly straight forward. What you must do, is to set
your image size that you are going to print to, FIRST, otherwise you
will end up in total frustration like I did, until I set the size
first, in the little box to the right of the image screen. Another tip,
is to open up all the boxes so that you can see what you have got, and
then eliminate those that you don't need. All you have to do is to drag
and drop the image onto the Nikon capture screen, and it will open very
quickly. As to using the RAW mode with the Digilux 2, I just don't
bother !  But, expect to get ENORMOUS file sizes from the Nikon- a 10X8
print will finish up as a 90 MB file, so be warned ! regards Jerry
harwood.