[LRflex] Re: R8/DMR in cold temperatures

  • From: Fred Hess / Phenix Visuals NL <fredhess@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 10:20:39 +0100

Hello Philippe,

The mains-power supply I am going to use has partnumber 14452. Indeed,  I
also use this supply  for use in studio photography. I made a special
adapter to be able to use the remote control 14202 in combination with this
powersupply.

For outdoor use, in extreme  weatherconditions, I am making a special
extarnal portable battery (8V DC, arround 4 Amp) which can be put under my
clothes to keep it warm. This battery is connected by a coiled cable to the
small 8-pin-connector on the DMR.
In the past Leica made such devices for the R4-Motor-drives. Unfortunately
we have to make these things now by ourselves. Fortunately this is quite
easy, if you have the rigtht connectors.
(Franz Binder, Germay/ subminiature round connectors series 702 and 711)

Kind regards,

Fred Hess