[LRFlex] Re: R8/9 - scary-looking or not?

  • From: David Young <dnr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 13:47:56 -0700

Ted wrote:

Kent Christensen offered:
Subject: [LRFlex] Re: R8/9 - scary-looking or not?

Have trouble focusing with the R8, however, and have ordered nonsplitimage screen in hopes it will be as nice as the one in my SL. Am a bit confused about this problem. One reason for timing of purchase is that R3 is broken and away for service and will be anxious to more thoroughly compare focus screens when it returns. Still, I always liked the SL screen better and am happy to have choices now.

Hi Kent, I've always used the " all matte screen" in any of my Leica SLR's because you can focus quickly while looking anywhere on the screen. And working with tele's it's perfect.

Wide and super wides...... great!

Hi Kent!

I second what Ted said about the matte screen. I use the all matte screen with grid divisions. I find the grid lines are not distracting... in fact, they often aid as an anchor for focusing the eye on the screen. The etched lines also aid in keeping horizons level at times!

I also own the microprism screen, which I was hoping would be more like the original 'flex's all microprism center with clear surround, but it is an all microprism center with a matte surround. I never use it, or the standard screen which came with the camera.

You'll like the 'all matte', with or without grid-lines! :)

David Young,     | égalité, liberté,
Victoria, CANADA | fraternité et Beaujolais.

Personal Web-site at:
        http://www.horizon.bc.ca/~dnr
Leica Reflex Forum web-page:
        http://www.horizon.bc.ca/~dnr/lrflex.htm