[LRFlex] Re: R8/9 - scary-looking or not?

  • From: Doug Herr <telyt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 05:50:54 -0700

on 10/21/04 1:46 AM, Noel Yates at noel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> In fact most of us in this group could probably do without
> light meters. There would be the odd error but experience would teach.

It's a frightening thought at first but with negative film it's entirely
manageable.  Last spring I used a battered SL with no meter for some family
snaps at the county fair, using ISO 400 (or for us old farts, that's ASA
400) color neg film.  I cheated once in an indoor pavilion but otherwise it
was all guesstimated exposure based on Sunny 16.  Everything was printable!!
There were some that were not optimum but they were all printable.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

    www.horizon.bc.ca/~dnr/lrflex.htm