[LRflex] Re: R8 film scratching... what! well, maybe

  • From: David Simms <simmszee@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 19:55:54 -0700 (PDT)

Film cassettes can also be a bit problematic and, this is where I'd put my
money. Consider that brushlike thing that wipes the film as it exits the
cassette...if there's a piece of grit or a film chip caught there then it'll do
in your film. As the film moves, the angle at which it contacts the "wiper"
(for want of a correct term) will change and this could affect the way the film
is scratched.
Dave, in the BC backwoods.