[LRFlex] Re: R8 Winder problem?

  • From: David Young <dnr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 09:08:01 -0700

Art Tafil said (in part):

Of course I also threatened to trade it even for a Petri 7S, 1.8, and that always seemed to work. No Kidding!!

And what, I ask you, was wrong with the Petri 7S? I actually rather liked that camera! After all, compared to the Kowaflex, it was pretty good! ;-)

Actually, back in 1966, in the Yukon, I sold (or at least tried to sell) a "FirstFlex" camera. It had no shutter, but used the instant return mirror to regulate the amount of light reaching the film! Sort of about 1/60th at the bottom (top of image) and about 1/375th or so, at the top!

I won't go into the details, but the 'shutter' was the good part! :)

So now, Art, you have something else to threaten your cameras with!

Now, despite it's quirks, I still think the R8 is the best camera I've ever owned. I will, however, try the "Tafil Thump" if the contacts act up again.

Question: Which 'R' are you using now? Or are you now totally into Petriflexs?

(You've probably mentioned it somewhere before, but I've forgotten. I forget a lot at my advanced age.)

Of course you guys have to realize that I'm pretty much certifiable!

Certifiably entertaining and a good guy to know? Absolutely! ;)

Cheers!

David Young,     | égalité, liberté,
Victoria, CANADA | fraternité et Beaujolais.

Personal Web-site at:
        http://www.horizon.bc.ca/~dnr
Leica Reflex Forum web-page:
        http://www.horizon.bc.ca/~dnr/lrflex.htm