[LRflex] Re: R8 - Low Temperature Performance

  • From: Fred Hess / Phenix Visuals NL <fredhess@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 13:06:37 +0100

Hello,

When I was last winter in Poland, to take pictures of wolves and bears, I
had more or less the same
experience with my R8-camera. (no DMR, just film):

The display on the cameraback quit working at minus 5 C. I suppose the
liquid crystals were frozen....

The display in the viewfinder worked perfectly at this temperature.

At -10 C  / -17C the camera acted very slow, but exposures were correct.

Kind regards

Fred Hess