[LRflex] Re: R7 vs R6.2

  • From: a aa <classwp@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 07:08:42 -0400

I've owned every Leica R  model from the original Leicaflex Mk I to
the R7. When I got the 6.2 it was for all the usual reasons,
mechanical camera, no battery dependence, etc, etc. I soon realised
that it was actually slower in use than the AE bodies because of the
manual exposure settings. I eventually sold it and got another R7. I
now have  3 R7 bodiess.

So, as a former  R6.2 owner, I  recommend the  R7 as a better handling
 camera for everyday use. It does everything the 6.2 does and gives
you auto exposure in addition. Finder and build quality are identical
and  as far as I remember the only difference between a 6.2 and an R5
is the mechanical shutter.

For the price of a mint 6.2 you could buy  two mint R7s and have some
change left over.

As always, the final decision is yours.

>>> www.cancer-surgeon.co.uk