[LRflex] R7 aperture closing problem

  • From: Douglas Sharp <douglas.sharp@xxxxxx>
  • To: Leica Users Group <lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, LEG <leica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 14:09:18 +0200

Hello all you Leica experts out there.

I was just checking out my R7 for taking it on vacation when I noticed that it is not closing the lens aperture all the way down when I set f16.

It seems to close to between f8 and 11, but works correctly on all other apertures from f2 to f8.

Pressing the DOF preview lever DOES stop it down all the way, so it must be something to do with one of the little levers inside the bayonet mount

This happens with both 2 and 3-cam lenses. I expected it not to function correctly with 2-cam lenses, but with 3-cam it should be ok, but isn't

I get the same effect on my R5 with 2-cam lenses but not with 3-cam.

Both mount types function perfectly on an R, SL and SL2.

Any ideas?

TIA

Douglas
begin:vcard
fn:Douglas M. Sharp
n:Sharp;Douglas M.
org:30629 Hannover, Germany;Annette-Kolb-Strasse 29
email;internet:Douglas.Sharp@xxxxxx
title:G2E Translations
tel;work:0049 0511 9585565
version:2.1