[LRflex] Re: R4 film advance issue

  • From: Miha Golobic <miha.golobic@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2012 09:34:09 +0100

Miha,
In the late 1980 and 1990, I has an R4 and and R4S and both advanced its
film with silky smoothness and little effort. That's all I can tell you.

When I moved to an R7, nothing seemed to change.

Bill

Thanks Bill,

I would say my Leicaflex SL has silky smooth advance and that my R3 comes
close second.

2012/2/20 Richard Ward <ilovaussiesheps@xxxxxxxxxxx>

> Hi Miha,
> the theory which jumped to my mind about your problem is whether the R4
> you acquired sat for awhile (possibly before you acquired it) and the drive
> train's lubrication isn't there anymore or is now gumming up the works.
> Best theory I can offer you other than the observation that my beloved
> minolta srt102's film advance is now a gravelly mess from sitting for
> almost 20yrs and not having been serviced in the 25 years I owned it. Once
> upon a time it worked fairly smoothly but not not not anymore.
>
> Richard in Michigan

Thanks Richard,

My R4s/2 looks like knew so it's highly plausible that it sat idle for
years, still the advance is smooth with no film loaded and becomes heavy
with film. I simply feels cheap for a 'professional' camera.

Miha