[LRFlex] Re: R4

  • From: Douglas Herr <telyt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 10:32:06 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

"Douglas M. Sharp" <DouglasMSharp@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> As well as being a Leica user I try to collect (working) versions of the last
> models of Leica Production runs, or slightly mysterious serial numbers.

Doug, this is a fascinating variation on collecting!

My collection is all a 'working' collection and at the moment it consists
almost entirely of Leicaflexes: one Standard (type 2), 3 everyday SLs, one
functional SL2, and another SL2 in DAG's hands being rebuilt.  Besides these I
also have 2 SL bodies that were given up for dead (one in my hands, another on
the way).  I've revived the first one first by un-jamming the self-timer then
replacing a few parts salvaged from a parts body I got from the big auction
site; it still needs a CLA and it with its original black paint, some
hammertone black applied to the prism area at some point in its history, a
chrome baseplate and a few other chrome parts it will look FUNKY when
servicable but the net cost so far is about $0.

The most interesting serial numbers I have are the 2 black chrome SL bodies
which arrived in my hands through very different means but are within a few
numbers of each other.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com