[LRFlex] Re: R4

  • From: "Douglas M. Sharp" <DouglasMSharp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 19:07:55 +0200

Thanks everybody,
This has helped a great deal. As well as being a Leica user I try to collect (working) versions of the last
models of Leica Production runs, or slightly mysterious serial numbers. Hence the desire for an R4Mot in good working order.
So far I've managed to get 1 of the last 5 or 10 produced of each of the SL (Black Chrome)
SL2 50 Jahre, SL2Mot, R3Mot Electronic, R5 (with a number over 1900000, which shouldn't really exist) and an R7 Partner Aktion.
The IIIG is under the last 50 of the official production and came with a screw mount 2.8 collapsible Elmar with a
number relating to 1966 production (not a retro-conversion) My M6 Titan is one of the first of the first version (also the only Leica I ever
bought new, I still shudder at the price)
The M2 (not a conversion) has a number belonging to the M1 production figures in a year where no M2's were made.
It started off as pure coincidence but somehow developed into a collecting bug.
Haven't been able to find out yet whether the M4-2 I bought recently is "different" in any way, but I did hear something about various styles
of engraving..................
Anyone else collect on a similarly obscure basis ??
Douglas

http://www.leica-gallery.net/dm-sharp/image-60938.html for a few Leica Landscape, seascapes and mixed stuff

http://www.leica-gallery.net/dm-sharp/image-60997.html a few old shots of blues and jazz musicians and mucking about with PS elements 2.0