[LRflex] Re: R3 not working well in cold weather

  • From: Philippe AMARD <philippe.amard@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2008 22:30:37 +0100

Ron,

I had this problem a couple of years ago and it was solved by a nice cleaning by a local technician - the shutter got gummed up? or 'gommé' and was caused by old grease/oil/lubricant - worked perfectly afterwards.
It cost me 30 euros at the time.
If the camera perfomrs ok at room temperature, that will be the first cause to investigate after ageing batteries.
Wish you good luck.
Phx

Ross Wilson wrote:

I've recently started having issues with my trusty R3 in cold weather (when it gets to zero degrees). When on auto mode the shutter stays open for around 4 or 5 seconds. It's as if the batteries are not working properly. I replaced the batteries but the problem still persists in cold conditions.

Has anybody else experienced these problems? Is there an easy solution? I read somewhere that replacing the two silver oxide batteries with one lithium type might help, does anyone have experience of this?

Thanks for any info

Ron