[LRflex] Re: R3

  • From: "George A. Furst" <gfurst01568@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 05:23:15 -0400

I have an R3 that I have had for 5 years and it always works and the battery is
very easy to find (same as on the M7). It has been a workhouse and fits all the
three cam R lens. The viewfinder is not as bright as the Leicaflex SLs and it
is heavier than the later Rs but is a tough camera.  I enjoy using it as it has
a nice feel. Do check the area around the film window on the back as there is
sometimes a light leak there. It is easy to fix with a little foam insert but
other than that I have had no problems. I paid around $300 US back then. So the
price sounds right. Sincerely, George in Korea