[LRflex] Re: R10 Speculation response. (now shorter)

  • From: Douglas Sharp <douglas.sharp@xxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 23:12:51 +0200

Or TV applications - which gets us back to 16:9 , digital IMAX (with curved sensors?) and further on to HDTV :-)

The other Douglas

David Young wrote:
> Oh, and one more thing to speculate about ... Hr.
> Kaufmann announced the creation, in Switzerland,
> of Leica Cinema. Very few details on this,
> although it seems they are going after the commercial projection market.

to compete with the ELCAN projection-lens business?

Don't know about that ... I didn't know that ELCAN were in that business, though I do know they design/build for Panavision.

However it was offered, in Rochester, that, in future, more of Leica's lens production will be done by ELCAN. Again, not entirely sure just what this implies!