[LRflex] Re: R10

  • From: a aa <classwp@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2009 15:37:19 -0400

From Geoff Hopkinson over on the LUG, who attended this event:

_____________________________________
From Stefan Daniel:

There will be no R10, no auto focus R.
There will be a solution to allow use of current R lenses on some digital
camera.
This solution will not be ready by next Photokina.
Leica is unhappy with current available four thirds sensors and does not
plan a system camera for four thirds.
There will be no new firmware for the DMR.
Repairs for R8 and R9 are now having to use parts from broken cameras, but
they will be able to fixed for a time.
There will be no further versions of the M8 but there will be new firmware
versions.
You will still be able to get the current upgrade options.
(my favourite and the vaguest) of course after the M8 must come an M9 and
M10. We know that you want full frame sensor and we are looking at what is
possible.
The M lens line is now 'complete'
The S2 is still in development and there is no production yet.
Noctilux production has run into problems with some part of the coating
processes and is delayed.